Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ipods: Fantastic antidote to procrastination?


My beloved got a Ipod classic for her 30th birthday. And she sooooo deserves it. As I'm much older, a small Ipod shuffle would be aplenty for me! So let's go on a lenghtyish post here to make my point that the iPod shuffle is mine, not thru privilege, but because I worked hard to deserve it (and I'm filthy lucky, too!)

I basically enjoyed the whole workshop, including the little commoncraft videos on YouTube. I must say that what I disliked most is FaceBook (we call it FesseBook at home, it's great to be francophone). I enjoy having a blog, I've improved my l337 RSSing skillz, and Flicker is great! Honest, I don't see how to improve that workshop. Not having us shuffling around in our cars to go from one end of the city to the other is great, too! It's GREEN! It means we are fullfilling one of our strategic plan initiatives! *Rachelene slaps Matt and Caitlin in the back* GREAT JOB, YOU TWO! I may have thought that the lifelong learning video was a bit of a bore, but I do agree and believe that the best way to learn is to have fun. I'm having fun now! Really!

So, let's check what I've done to get my tiny wonder of technology...

1. Set up a Google Account. *CHECK*
2. Set up a Blog using Blogger *CHECK* well, as they say, if you are reading this...
3. Create your first Blog Post *CHECK*
4. Create a post in your blog on Lifelifelong Learning. (Which is easiest? hardest?) *CHECK*
5. Add a link to your Blog on the wiki *CHECK*
6. (Optional) Add a comment to one of your colleagues' blogs *CHECK*
7. Set up a Google Reader Account *CHECK*
8. Subscribe to 10 RSS feeds including an OPL feed *CHECK*
9. Post in your blog about RSS *CHECK*
10. Set up a Delicious Account *CHECK*
11. Add a bookmark to your Delicious account and tag it *CHECK*
12. Create a post in your blog about your experiences using Facebook *CHECK*
13. Add a post in your blog about Flickr and Creative Commons, OR Create a Flickr account, post a photo and provide a link to it in your blog *CHECK*
14. Create a post in your blog that reflects on your experiences during this workshop *CHECK*
15. (Optional) Continue blogging after this workshop and discovering new web applications and technologies! *OF COURSE!!!*

And again, thanks for all of those who assembled this lovely little package. It should be compulsory for anyone who works @ OPL in the information field, although I think it would be of use to almost anyone. Being aware about these tools means added expertise I can share with our patrons. Fantastic job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment